Friday 24 May 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Anthony [Deuster] and Joseph Anthony.
Der Eid des Stephan Huller, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1912!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1912 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Joseph Anthony [Deuster]: US director / actor (Matchmaker, Tomorrow).
- Joseph Anthony: American actor, director, screenwriter, dancer and set designer.
- Joan Hammond: New Zealand opera singer, a mezzo-soprano noted particularly for her Puccini roles.
- André Renou: Périgny sur Yerres Painters.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Love is Mine - Enrico Caruso
- Take Me Back to the Garden of Love - Columbia Stellar Quartet & Charles Harrison
- The Skeleton Rag - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?