Saturday 24 May 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Raja Harishchandra, directed by Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1913!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1913 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Willi Daume: Olympic organizer.
- Henri Gufflet: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop Emeritus of Limoges.
- Hélène Dassonville: French film actress and producer.
- Eleonore Zugun: Rumanian spook-medium, famed in the '20s.
- Helene Dassonville: France Actor.
- Joe Abreu: American baseball player and soldier (d. 1993)
- Audrey Brown: England, United Kingdom -- 4 X 100m runner (1936 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- Peter Ellenshaw: American special effects designer (d. 2007)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Spaniard That Blighted My Life - Al Jolson
- Here Comes My Daddy Now (Oh Pop-Oh Pop-Oh Pop) - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?