Thursday 24 May 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The End of St. Petersburg, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1928 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- William Trevor: British writer (Children of Dynmouth, Fools of Fortune).
- Adrian Frutiger: Swiss calligrapher, teacher, typeface designer and typographer.
- Peter Griffiths: MP.
- Stanley Baxter: British comedian (Joey Boy, Fast Lady).
- Stig Erlander: American molecular biologist and nutritionist; ahead of his time with effective methods to treat patients with environmental sensitivities and food allergies.
- Umberto Nobile flies airship over North Pole again
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?