Sunday 24 May 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gianni Basso and Klaus Bergman.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1931 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Gianni Basso: Italian jazz musician, he played the tenor saxophone.
- Klaus Bergman: German attorney and CEO of Alleghany Power Systems, a utility which gets 90% of its power from coal-fired plants.
- Clint Ballard: American songwriter who wrote two Billboard Hot 100 number one hits.
- Michael Lonsdale: French actor born to an English military officer, known for a lot of roles; he played in "Hibernatus" (with Louis De Funès), "The Name of the Rose" (directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud), the James Bond film "Moonraker" and "Des Hommes et des Dieux" with Lambert Wilson.
- 1st air-conditioned train installed-B&O Railroad
- First air-conditioned train installed - B&O Railroad.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?