Saturday 24 May 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Denis Badault and Raymond Buckey.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
No Time for Sergeants, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jefferson Drum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1958 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Denis Badault: French jazz pianist, conductor and composer.
- Raymond Buckey: American educator who was accused of child molestation.
- Chip Ganassi: American race car driver and businessman.
- New Girl in Town closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 432 performances
- United Press International is formed through a merger of the United Press and the International News Service.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?