Thursday 24 May 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stranger On The Shore by Mr. Acker Bilk.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Lonely Are the Brave, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1962 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Héctor Camacho: Puerto Rican boxer and singer (d. 2012).
- Stephen Otter: English police officer.
- Gene Ray: American actor dancer and choreographer (d. 2003).
- Massimo Mauro: Italian soccer player with the league and later the president of the Genoa Soccer Club, 1997.
- Hector Camacho: Puerto Rican boxer.
- Gene Anthony Ray: American actor (d. 2003)
- Dorothy Trapp: equestrian 3-day (Olympics-1996).
- Bev Lidyoff in Huntington Park: California, USA; WPVA volleyball player (US Open-7th-1994).
- Luiza Brunet: Brazilian model with part Indian heritage, extremely beautiful. Her modeling for some years included Playboy centerfolds before she moved into production and sales of her own name-brand lingerie in 1992.
- M Scott Carpenter aboard Aurora 7 launched into earth orbit.
- Project Mercury: American astronaut Scott Carpenter orbits the Earth three times in the Aurora 7 space capsule.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?