Wednesday 24 May 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
The War Wagon, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1967!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1967 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Steve McDonald: American bassist (Redd Kross).
- Margaret Crowley: Australian 800 metre/1500 metre runner (Olympics-1996).
- Carlos Hernandez: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Dana Ashbrook: American actor.
- Andrey Borodin: Russian-English economist and businessman.
- Eric Close: American actor and director
- Heavy D: Jamaican-American rapper producer and actor (d. 2011)
- Carlos Hernández: Venezuelan-American baseball player and manager
- Steven McDonald: American bass player and actor (Redd Kross Off! and Green and Yellow TV)
- Bruno Putzulu: French actor
- Tamer Karadağlı: Turkish actor
- AFL grants a franchise to the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Egypt imposes a blockade and siege of the Red Sea coast of Israel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Him Or Me - What's It Gonna Be?
- The Mamas & The Papas - Creeque Alley
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- Neil Diamond - Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?