Thursday 24 May 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karim Alami and Ville Peltonen in Vantaa.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Frankenstein by Edgar Winter.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catch Kandy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1973!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1973 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Karim Alami: in Morocco; tennis star.
- Ville Peltonen in Vantaa: Finland; NHL forward (Team Finland, San Jose Sharks).
- Vladimir Smicer: Czech footballer.
- Éric Carrière: French association footballer (soccer player), who played for Dijon in 2008–2010.
- Alicia Dimichele: Reality Star.
- Bartolo Colon: Baseball Player
- Dermot O'Leary: English television presenter
- Rodrigo : Argentinian singer-songwriter (d. 2000)
- Ruslana : Ukrainian singer dancer producer and actress
- Bartolo Colón: Dominican-American baseball player
- Shirish Kunder: Indian director producer and screenwriter
- Hallgeir Pedersen: Norwegian guitarist
- Vladimír Šmicer: Czech footballer and manager
- Earl Jellicoe resigns as Lord Privy Seal and Leader of the House of Lords.
- ''Skylab 2'' (Pete Conrad, Paul Weitz, Joseph Kerwin) is launched on a mission to repair damage to the recently launched ''Skylab'' space station.
- Héctor José Cámpora becomes democratic president of the Argentine Republic ending the 1966 to 1973 Revolución Argentina military dictatorship.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?