Friday 24 May 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ace Custis and Marcus Coleman.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, directed by Michael Cimino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Oekel's Discohoek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1974 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Ace Custis: NBA forward (Dallas Mavericks).
- Marcus Coleman: free safety (New York Jets).
- Maria Alejandra Vento in Caracas: Venezuela; tennis star (1995 Futures-Braz).
- Natalie Neaton in Royal Oak: Michigan, USA; soccer forward (Olympics-1996).
- Sebastien Foucan: French actor and free-runner.
- Florence Baverel-Robert: French biathlete who competed in the biathlon at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy. Baverel-Robert won the gold medal in the women's 7.5 km sprint.
- Sébastien Foucan: French runner and actor
- Masahide Kobayashi: Japanese baseball player and coach
- Magnus Manske: German biochemist and computer programmer developed MediaWiki
- Will Sasso: Canadian actor producer and screenwriter
- Dean Martin Show, last airs on NBC-TV
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?