Tuesday 24 May 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Custódio Castro and Pedram Javaheri.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, directed by Richard Marquand, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiefe Wasser.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing N-Sub or Hunchback.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1983!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1983 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Custódio Castro: Portuguese footballer.
- Pedram Javaheri: Iranian-American meteorologist and journalist.
- Ricky Mabe: Canadian actor and director.
- Woo Seung-yeon: South Korean actress and model (Born 1983).
- Supreme Court rules government can deny tax breaks to schools that racially discriminated against students
- US Supreme Court rules government can deny tax breaks to schools that racially discriminate against students.
- Fred Sinowatz succeeds Bruno Kreisky as chancellor of Austria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Bryan Adams - Straight From The Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?