Friday 24 May 2002
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Foolish by Ashanti.
In UK One Step Closer by S Club Juniors was in the top 5 hits.
Das Experiment, directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Shelters of Stone by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 2002!
Which were the important events of 24 May 2002 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 May
- Russia and the United States sign the Moscow Treaty.
- An article in the journal ''Science'' reports that a new naturally occurring amino acid has been found in a certain type of archaic bacteria. Scientists are calling this new amino acid Pyrrolysine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?