Saturday 24 November 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Duff and Richard Bilderback Hervig.
The Silent Man, directed by William S. Hart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1917 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Howard Duff: Bremerton, Washington -- Actor (Flamingo Road, Knots Landing).
- Richard Bilderback Hervig: Composer.
- Rita Corita [Hendrika Sturm]: Dutch singer.
- Paul Oddo: French cavalry officer in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Shabtai Rosenne: English-Israeli academic jurist and diplomat (d. 2010).
- In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 9 members of the Milwaukee Police Department are killed by a bomb, the most deaths in a single event in U.S. police history until the September 11 attacks in 2001.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Chopin Etude in G Flat Major - Ignace Jan Paderewski
- For the Freedom of the World Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Tramp, Tramp, Tramp (The Boys Are Marching) - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- Along the Way to Waikiki - Helen Louise & Frank Ferera
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?