Friday 24 November 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Omar the Tentmaker, directed by James Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1922 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Claus Moser: Baron Moser German-English statistician and academic (d. 2015).
- Italian parliament gives Mussolini dictatorial powers for 1 year
- Author and Irish Republican Army member Robert Erskine Childers is executed by an Irish Free State firing squad for illegally carrying a revolver.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Three O'clock in the Morning
- Georgette - Ted Lewis & His Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?