Monday 24 November 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Murder!, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1930 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Dante Lavelli: AAFC / NFL end (Cleveland Browns).
- Yale Lary: American football player, a safety/punter, who was named All-NFL four times and played in nine Pro Bowls.
- Bob Friend: American baseball player and politician.
- 1st woman pilot on a transcontinental air flight Miss Ruth Nichols (Mineola, New York to California), in a Lockheed-Vega, took 7 days
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Embraceable You - Red Nichols & His Five Pennies
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?