Saturday 24 November 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
It's a Gift, directed by Norman McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Wolfgang Rademann: German television producer.
- André Jondeau: French publisher, head of the Atelier publishing house.
- Alfred Schnittke: German-Russian journalist and composer (d. 1998).
- Sophie Daumier: Boulogne sur Mer Actor.
- Claudio Prieto: Composer.
- Martin Charnin: Broadway lyricist (Annie, West Side Story)
- François Bellec: French counter-admiral, writer and painter.
- CFL Grey Cup: Sarnia beats Regina, 20-12 at Toronto
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?