Sunday 24 November 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Bank Dick, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Don Metz: American architect.
- Paul Tagliabue: American lawyer and businessman.
- Eric Wilson: Canadian author and educator.
- Wendell Morris Logan: Composer.
- World War II: Slovakia becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 November 1940 and get them!