Sunday 24 November 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wendell Morris Logan and Don Metz.
The Bank Dick, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Wendell Morris Logan: Composer.
- Don Metz: American architect.
- Paul Tagliabue: American lawyer and businessman.
- Eric Wilson: Canadian author and educator.
- World War II: Slovakia becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 November 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?