Friday 24 November 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
I'll Be Seeing You, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1944!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1944 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Bev Bevan: Rocker (ELO).
- Claudia Dreifus: Interviewer / author (7 Stories).
- Jules Deelder: Dutch poet (T of Vondel).
- Candy Darling: American model and actress (d. 1974).
- Ibrahim Gambari: Nigerian academic and diplomat 9th Nigerian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Dan Glickman: American politician, former U.S. Representative from Kansas and former Secretary of Agriculture, head of Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) from September 1, 2004, succeeding Jack Valenti.
- US bombers based on Saipan first attack Tokyo, Japan.
- World War II: Bombing of Tokyo : The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?