Sunday 24 November 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Undercurrent, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1946 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Penelope Jones Halsall (aka Caroline Courtney: Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright, Annie Groves, Penny Jordan), English novelist.
- Ted Bundy: American homicide; a man who killed women totally unknown to him, for no other reason that his desire to kill.
- Bev[erley] Bevan: Birmingham, England -- Rock drummer (ELO).
- Tony Clarkin: English guitarist and songwriter (Magnum and Hard Rain).
- Penny Jordan: English author (d. 2011).
- Howard Sheldon: American astrologer, a radio show astrology host on Fridays from 6-7 PM. He is noted in the Guinness Book of World Records for taking 388,289 phone calls during an all night astrology program, the most calls ever received on a call-in radio show.
- Ted Bundy in Burlington: Vermont, USA; serial murderer.
- Alfonso Broqua: Composer, dies at 70.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hoagy Carmichael - Huggin' and Chalkin'
- It's All Over Now - Peggy Lee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 November 1946 and get them!