Monday 24 November 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1947 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Dwight Schultz in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actor (The A-Team).
- Dwight Schultz: American actor.
- Dave Sinclair: English keyboard player (Caravan Hatfield and the North The Wilde Flowers Matching Mole and The Polite Force).
- Silvia Annichiarico: Italian singer, actress and radio host.
- Bernie Ashman: Bernie Ashman has been a practicing astrologer since 1974.
- Un-American Activities Committee finds "Hollywood 10" in contempt because of their refusal to reveal whether they were communists.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Ray McKinley & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 November 1947 and get them!