Wednesday 24 November 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Hill and Rudy Tomjanovich.
3 Godfathers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Earl Wrightson Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1948 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Bob Hill: American basketball player and coach.
- Rudy Tomjanovich: American basketball Head Coach, Rockets.
- Spider Robinson: American-Canadian author and critic.
- Steve Yeager: American baseball player and coach.
- Ireland votes for independence from the UK
- WAVE TV channel 3 in Louisville, KY (NBC) begins broadcasting
- In Venezuela, president Rómulo Gallegos is ousted by a military junta.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?