Friday 24 November 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Orpheus, directed by Jean Cocteau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1950 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Damon Evans in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actor (Lionel - The Jeffersons).
- Roscoe Born in Topeka: Kansas, USA; actor (Mark - Paper Dolls).
- Stanley Livingston: American actor featured as Chip on "My Three Sons" performing alongside his brother Barry for most of the program's history.
- Marco Biagi: Italian economist and University Professor.
- Roscoe Born: American actor.
- Bob Burns: American drummer and songwriter (Lynyrd Skynyrd) (d. 2015)
- Elisabeth Allen: American ski champion
- Guys & Dolls opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 1200 performances
- UN troops begin an assault intending to end Korean War by Christmas
- US infantry division conquerors Chonju Korea
- The ''Storm of the Century'', a violent snowstorm, paralyzes the northeastern United States and the Appalachians, bringing winds up to 100 mph and sub-zero temperatures. Pickens, West Virginia, records 57 inches of snow. 323 people die as a result of the storm.
- A phenomenal winter storm ravages the northeastern United States, brings 30 to 50ampnbspinches of snow, temperatures below zero, and kills 323 people.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?