Saturday 24 November 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scrooge, directed by Brian Desmond-Hurst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1951 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Gaby Landhage in Goteborg: Sweden; model (Model of the Rear).
- Mimis Androulakis: Greek author and politician.
- Chet Edwards: American businessman and politician.
- Margaret Mountford: Irish lawyer and businesswoman.
- Graham Price: Egyptian-Welsh rugby player.
- Steve Smith: Long Beach sports Champions
- 17 closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 180 performances
- Music in the Air closes at Ziegfeld Theater NYC after 56 performances
- 39th CFL Grey Cup: Ottawa Rough Riders defeats Saskatchewan, 21-14
- British auto manufacturers Austin / Moris Motors merge
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 November 1951 and get them!