Saturday 24 November 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Written on the Wind, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1956 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Steven Nevel: American pedophile, charged with multiple sex counts in 1994.
- Charles Mehlberg: American police officer and homicide victim.
- Sven Grünberg: Estonian singer-songwriter.
- Guido Cantelli: Italian orchestral conductor, who was named Musical Director of La Scala, Milan in November 1956 but whose promising career was cut short only one week later by his death on 24 November at the age of 36 in an aircraft crash in Paris, France.
- Pajama Game closes at St. James Theater NYC after 1063 performances
- 44th CFL Grey Cup: Edmonton Eskimos defeats Montreal Alouettes, 50-27
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?