Wednesday 24 November 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nyla Jane Carroll and Kim Roe-ha.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Harum Scarum, directed by Gene Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Bräute meiner Söhne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1965 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Nyla Jane Carroll: New Plymouth, New Zealand -- 5k / 10k / marathoner (1996 Olympics).
- Kim Roe-ha: South Korean actor.
- Shirley Henderson: Scottish actress.
- Abdullah III Al-Salim Al-Sabah: Emir of Kuwait (Born 1895).
- Marshal Mobutu Sese Seko Kuku Ngbendu, becomes President of Zaire
- Joseph Desire Mobutu seizes power in the Congo and becomes President; he rules the country (which he renames Zaire in 1971) for over 30 years, until being overthrown by rebels in 1997.
- Congolese lieutenant general Mobutu ousts Joseph Kasavubu and declares himself president.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 November 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The Silkie - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?