Sunday 24 November 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Hugo Montenegro was in the top 5 hits.
Hellfighters, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1968 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Simone Pedroni: Italian pianist who, on 6/06/1993, at age 24 was named the Gold Medallist of the Ninth Van Cliburn International Piano Competition for his performance of Rachmaninoff’s Second Concerto.
- Dave Hansen: Long Beach, California -- Infielder (LA Dodgers).
- Dave Jukes: Toronto, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1991 Kawartha Lakes).
- Ken Johnson: Quincy, Massachusetts -- 3x40 rifle (1996 Olympics).
- Bulent Korkmaz: Turkish footballer.
- Todd Beamer: American, acclaimed hero of United Airlines Flight 93 (d. 2001)
- Bülent Korkmaz: Turkish footballer and manager
- Dawn Robinson: Singer (En Vogue)
- Carlos Blanco Vazquez: Spanish entrepreneur, Businessman and executive in the field of new technologies.
- da levy: Cleveland poet (Born 1942).
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Louise Suggs Golf Invitational
- 4 men hijack Pan Am Flight 281 from JFK International Airport, New York to Havana, Cuba.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Cream - White Room
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?