Sunday 24 November 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Falzon and Aylin Mujica.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can Help by Billy Swan.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Murder on the Orient Express, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Münchner Geschichten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1974 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Dan Falzon: Australian actor and musician who first appeared in "Neighbours" in 1992, filming the first episode, April 29th, while he was still in school.
- Aylin Mujica: TV Actress.
- Stephen Merchant: British comedian.
- Machel Montano: Trinidad & Tobago musician.
- Dave Aizer: American television host and producer.
- Taro Yamamoto: Japanese actor and politician
- 2 truck hijackers freed (3 / 3 / 1974)
- 62nd CFL Grey Cup: Montreal Alouettes defeats Edmonton Eskimos, 20-7
- Gerald Ford and Leonid Brezhnev signs SALT-2-treaty
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Lady Errol Golf Classic
- Donald Johanson and Tom Gray discover the 40% complete Australopithecus afarensis skeleton, nicknamed ''Lucy'' (after The Beatles song ''Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds''), in the Awash Valley of Ethiopia's Afar Depression.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
- The Three Degrees - When Will I See You Again
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?