Wednesday 24 November 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK If You Leave Me Now by Chicago was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1976 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Dave Aizer: American television host.
- Chen Lu: China -- Figure skater (1994 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Christian Laflamme: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Reds Joe Morgan wins his 2nd straight NL MVP Award
- NBA Atlanta Hawks end a 28-game road losing streak.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
- KISS - Beth
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Barry De Vorzon and Perry Botkin, Jr. - Nadia's Theme (The Young And The Restless)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?