Tuesday 24 November 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
The Inglorious Bastards, directed by Enzo G. Castellari, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It Takes a Worried Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astrosmash or Pleiads / Pleiades.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1981!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1981 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 November
- 1st air-launched cruise missile tested
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Commodores - Oh No
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Bob Seger - Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?