Sunday 24 November 1996
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to No Diggity by BLACKstreet.
In UK Say You'll Be There by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
101 Dalmatians, directed by Stephen Herek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Rules by Ellen Fein, Sherrie Schneider was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1996!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1996 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Juan Darien - A Carnival Mass, opens at Vivian Beaumont Theater, New York City
- CFL Grey Cup: Toronto beats Edmonton, 43-37 at Hamilton
- Karrie Webb wins ITT LPGA Tour Championship
- Rookie Karrie Webb wins LPGA Tour Championship
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
- No Mercy - Where Do You Go
- Ginuwine - Pony
- Babyface - This Is For The Lover In You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 November 1996 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?