Monday 24 November 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unsung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Casper's Scare School or Chronotron.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 24 November 2008 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 November
- Greenland holds a referendum for increased autonomy from Denmark. The vote is over 75% in favour.
- Political crisis in Thailand: Protesters from the People's Alliance for Democracy party storm into Suvarnabhumi Airport and block flights from taking off. More protesters seize control of Don Mueang Airport the following day.
- A car bomb in St. Petersburg, Russia, kills three people and injures one.
- United States President-elect Barack Obama announces his Treasury team, which includes Timothy F. Geithner as Secretary, Lawrence Summers as president of the National Economic Council, and Christina Romer as chair of the Council of Economic Advisers. (CNN)
- United Kingdom Prime Minister Gordon Brown outlines plans to raise the income tax rate for the first time since 1975. (AP via Google News)
- Flooding in the Southern Brazilian state of Santa Catarina causes at least 45 deaths and forces the evacuation of 20,000 people. (BBC News)
- Aftermath of the 2008 South Ossetia war:
- Georgian Interior Ministry claims ampquotshots were firedampquot at a convoy including Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili and Polish President Lech Kaczyński on the border of Georgia and South Ossetia. Several witnesses travelling with the convoy say they heard the automatic gunfire, though it was unclear from which direction it came. Polish Parliament spokesman later comments the incident was ampquotnot very serious at allampquot, though ampquotunfortunateampquot as it put the Polish
- Georgian Parliamentary hearing into the 2008 South Ossetia war marred by ampquotangry exchangesampquot after the commission member, and a supporter of Mikeil Saakashvili, throws a pen at a high-ranking Georgian diplomat, a former close ally of Saakashvili, in response to his testimony that the ampquotGeorgian leadership started the military action firstampquot during the conflict. (Reuters UK)
- Citigroup receives US$32 billion from the United States Emergency Economic Stabilization Act. (''News.com.au'')
- The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation's annual summit ends in Lima, Peru, amid an ongoing economic crisis with a declaration of commitment with free markets and an openness of the economy, refrainment from raising trade barriers in goods and services over the next 12 months, the regulation and supervision of financial systems, and the ensuring of corporate social responsibility.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?