Tuesday 24 October 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence M and Paul Gregoire.
Giovanna la pallida, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1911 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Clarence M: Kelley FBI head.
- Paul Gregoire: French Canadian archbishop of Montreal (d. 1993).
- Raymond Devineaux: French fencing champion.
- Raymond Devineux: France sport Champion.
- Paul Grégoire: Canadian cardinal (d. 1993).
- Sonny Terry: American singer and harmonica player (d. 1986)
- Orville Wright remains in the air 9 minutes and 45 seconds in a Wright Glider at Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Woodman, Woodman, Spare That Tree - Bob Roberts
- Gems from Madame Sherry - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?