Friday 24 October 1913
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Oliver Twist, directed by Thomas Bentley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1913!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1913 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Tito Gobbi: Italian singer, an operatic baritone who made his debut in 1938.
- Armand Lanoux: France Writer.
- Joe Tinker fired as Cin Reds manager
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in the Heart of Maryland (with a Heart That Belongs to Me) - Harry Macdonough
- On the Banks of the Wabash - Harry Macdonough & American Quartet
- You're a Great Big Blue-Eyed Baby - Heidelberg Quintet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?