Sunday 24 October 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Der Verächter des Todes, directed by Harry Piel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1920 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Louise H "Lous" Hensen: Actress (Medea, Uncle Wanja).
- Marcel-Paul Schutzenberger: French mathematician (d. 1996).
- Robert Coffy: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal and Archbishop of Marseille, France.
- Marcel-Paul Schützenberger: French mathematician and academic (d. 1996).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Old Pal, Why Don't You Answer Me? - Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?