Sunday 24 October 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louise H "Lous" Hensen and Marcel-Paul Schutzenberger.
Der Verächter des Todes, directed by Harry Piel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1920 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Louise H "Lous" Hensen: Actress (Medea, Uncle Wanja).
- Marcel-Paul Schutzenberger: French mathematician (d. 1996).
- Robert Coffy: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal and Archbishop of Marseille, France.
- Marcel-Paul Schützenberger: French mathematician and academic (d. 1996).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Old Pal, Why Don't You Answer Me? - Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?