Friday 24 October 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Casanovas and Piet Roozenburg.
Hot Water, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1924 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Jose Casanovas: Composer.
- Piet Roozenburg: World champ checker player (1948 .
- Roger Therond: French journalist and film critic, 1945-'48.
- Roger ThéRond: Séte Journalist.
- John Barlow: South African cardiologist and physician (d. 2008).
- Christian General Feng Joe Siang occupies Beijing
- Nobel prize for fysiologie / medicine awarded to W Einthoven
- Dixie Dean scores a hat-trick for Tranmere Rovers to become the youngest ever player to score three goals for The Superwhites.
- The British Foreign Office publishes the Zinoviev Letter.
- British authorities in India arrest Subhas Chandra Bose and jail him for the next 2½ years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - I Wonder What's Become of Sally?
- Rhapsody in Blue, Parts 1 & 2 - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra with George Gershwin
- Driftwood - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Little Old Clock on the Mantel - Russo & Fiorito's Oriole Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?