Saturday 24 October 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jayaaram N Reddy and Luciano Berio.
The Storm Breaker, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1925 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Jayaaram N Reddy: South African politician / banker.
- Luciano Berio: Italian-American composer and educator.
- Bob Azzam: Egyptian-Monacan singer (d. 2004).
- Al Feldstein: American author and illustrator (d. 2014).
- Willie Mabon: American-French singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1985).
- Ieng Sary: Vietnamese-Cambodian politician co-founded the Khmer Rouge (d. 2013)
- Paul Vaughan: English journalist and radio host (d. 2014)
- Jindrich S Baar: Czech pastor / writer (Lusy), dies at 56.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Row, Row, Rosie - Eddie Cantor
- Yes Sir! That's My Baby - Ace Brigode & His Virginians
- The Letter Edged in Black - Vernon Dalhart
- Manhattan - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra (Knickerbockers)
- Charleston - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?