Friday 24 October 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1930 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Johan Galtung: Norwegian sociologist, mathematician, and the principal founder of the discipline of peace and conflict studies.
- Raj Bagri: Indies / British Merchant in metal.
- Sultan Ahmad Shah: King of Malaysia.
- The Big Bopper: Rock Singer.
- Big Bopper: American pop star, disc jockey and composer.
- Jack Angel: American voice actor
- Elaine Feinstein: English poet author and playwright
- James Douglas: English-born Scottish racing driver and 6th Baronet Douglas (d. 1969)
- Ahmad Shah: Ahmad Shah of Pahang
- JP Richardson: The Big Bopper, American singer (d. 1959)
- Renaat Verheijen: Flemish actor / director (Dr Faustus), dies at 26.
- A bloodless coup d'etat in Brazil ousts Washington Luis Pereira de Sousa, the last President of the First Republic. Getulio Dornelles Vargas is then installed as ''provisional president.''
- Revolution of 1930: Getúlio Dornelles Vargas establishes a dictatorship in Brazil.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?