Tuesday 24 October 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Kennel Murder Case, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1933!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1933 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Jean-Marie Pelt: Pharmacy professor, botanist, ecologist and toxicologist.
- Reginald Kray: English gangster (d. 2000).
- Ronald Kray: English gangster (d. 1995).
- Norman Rush: American author and educator.
- Ronnie Kray: British homicide; a professional criminal along with his identical twin brother.
- Reggie Kray: British homicide; the first born of twins. They had another brother four years older. Both twins had measles and diphtheria at age 3. Aggressive teenagers, they were often in trouble. Though Reginald was more gentle and easy going than his twin, at 17 they both became professional boxers. Entering military service, Reg was dismissed for insubordination in 1954.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Spinning Wheel - Ray Noble & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?