Thursday 24 October 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Peter Ibbetson, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1935!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1935 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Philippe Morillon: French general and was a Member of the European Parliament until 2009.
- Malcolm Bilson: American pianist musicologist and educator.
- Antonino Calderone: Italian mobster (d. 2013).
- Mark Tully: Indian-English journalist and author.
- Dutch Schultz: American organized crie figure (Born 1902).
- Judge Landis fines ump George Moriarty, Cubs Manager Charlie Grimm and Chicago players W English, B Jurges and B Herman for actions in World Series
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?