Saturday 24 October 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annelien Kappeyne van de Coppello and Rainer Kunad.
Les Misérables, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1936 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Annelien Kappeyne van de Coppello: Dutch politican (VVD).
- Rainer Kunad: Composer.
- David Nelson in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet).
- Bill Wyman: British musician, a bass guitarist, piano and synthesizer player and singer with the Rolling Stones.
- Jüri Arrak: Estonian painter.
- Jimmy Dawkins: American singer and guitarist (d. 2013)
- David Nelson: American actor singer director and producer (d. 2011)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?