Saturday 24 October 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1953 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Jonathan di: Donato; twin who swam the butterfly 406 miles.
- John Barton: English footballer and manager.
- Charles Colbourn: Canadian computer scientist and mathematician.
- Christoph Daum: German footballer and manager.
- Steven Hatfill: American physician and virologist.
- Mindy Newell: American nurse and author
- Mike Papantonio: American lawyer and radio host
- Jim Pettie: Canadian ice hockey player
- Shih Szu: Taiwanese actress
- Andrew Turner: English academic and politician
- David Wright: English keyboard player songwriter and producer
- Bernard Vaussion: French chef. He cooked for the French presidents Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, François Mitterrand, Jacques Chirac, Nicolas Sarkozy and François Hollande. Since 2005 he became top chef. He retired on 30 October 2013.
- Billy Thomas: Fort Meyers, Florida -- Singer (McBride & Ride-I Count on You)
- Ernest Irving: Composer, dies at 74.
- KOOL (now KTSP) TV channel 10 in Phoenix, AZ (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?