Sunday 24 October 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1954 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Tom Mulcair: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Jožo Ráž: Slovak singer-songwriter and bass player (Elán).
- Mike Rounds: American businessman and politician 31st Governor of South Dakota.
- Brad Sherman: American accountant lawyer and politician.
- Max-Michael Baltin: German professional astrologer since 1978, computer designer, Buddhist, author of "Astrosomatik" in 1987 and co-author, along with Frauke Rindermann, of "Astro-Bits.
- Doug Davidson: Glendale, California -- Actor (Paul Williams - Young and the Restless)
- Jaap J Feenstra: Dutch MP (PvdA)
- Perry Lee "Tiny" Tavares: Rocker
- Malcolm Turnbull: Australian politician
- Thomas J Mulcair: Quebec politician
- Jozef Raz: Slovak musician
- Dwight D. Eisenhower pledges United States support to South Vietnam
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?