Wednesday 24 October 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1962 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Yves Bertucci: French footballer and manager.
- Dave Blaney: American race car driver.
- Jonathan Davies: Welsh rugby player and television host.
- Ian Dalziel: English footballer and manager.
- Ted Dekker: Indonesian-American author.
- Debbie Googe: English bass player and songwriter (My Bloody Valentine Primal Scream and Snowpony)
- Kristen Hall: American singer-songwriter (Sugarland)
- Andrea Horwath: Canadian politician
- Roland Königshofer: Austrian cyclist
- Gene Larkin: American baseball player and coach
- Gibby Mbasela: Zambian footballer (d. 2000)
- Mark Miller: American motorcycle racer
- Mark Morettini: American actor
- Jay Novacek: American football player and coach
- B D Wong: San Francisco, California -- Actor (Freshman, Mystery Date)
- In Cuban missile crisis, the US blockade of Cuba begins
- During the American blockade of Cuba, Soviet tanker Bucharest approaches the quarantine zone. U.S. military forces go to DEFCON 2, preparing for full-scale war with the Soviet Union.
- Cuban Missile Crisis: First confrontation between US Navy and Soviet cargo vessel. The vessel changes course.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?