Tuesday 24 October 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Boot Hill, directed by Giuseppe Colizzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1972 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Raelee Hill: Australian actress.
- Kim Ji-soo: South Korean actress.
- Pat Williams: American football player and coach.
- Jeremy Wright: English lawyer and politician Attorney General for England and Wales.
- Eric Sutton: CFL cornerback (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Natasha Ann Courter: Davenport, Iowa -- Miss America - Iowa (1997)
- Louis Michael Anthony in Sassin: Boston, Massachusetts, USA; rocker (4 Fun-Unbelievable Fun).
- Susan Barnett: Miss Pennsylvania USA (1996)
- T J Cunningham: NFL safety (Seattle Seahawks)
- Tom Fletcher: NFL defensive safety (Seattle Seahawks)
- Scott Peterson: American convicted of killing his wife and unborn son. His wife, Laci Peterson, who was eight months pregnant at the time, vanished between December 23 and Christmas Eve, 2002. At 6 PM on December 24, 2002, Peterson reported his wife missing and told police he had just returned from a fishing trip.
- Frédéric Déhu: French footballer (soccer player) who played professionally as a central defender (1991-2007) and on the national team (1998-2000).
- Ruxandra Dragomir: Pitesti, Romania -- Tennis star (1996 Bournemouth doubles)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Danny O'Keefe - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 October 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?