Thursday 24 October 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Then Came You by Dionne Warwicke.
In UK Everything I Own by Ken Boothe was in the top 5 hits.
Phantom of the Paradise, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1974 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Gábor Babos: Hungarian footballer.
- Corey Dillon: American football player.
- Wilton Guerrero: Dominican baseball player and scout.
- Jamal Mayers: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Earl of Ulster Alexander Windsor: British royalty, the only son of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, 23rd in the line of succession to the British Throne since July 2013.
- Alexander PGR Duke of Ulster: Son of English Prince Richard
- Nathan Parks: Tackle (KC Chiefs)
- Michael Foessel: French professor of philosophy, succeeding Alain Finkelkraut in the chair at Polytechnique de Paris in 2014. Foessel was a young communist political activist, then held a position teaching philosophy at Université de Bourgogne and at Institut catholique de Paris.
- David Oistrakh: Odessa, Russia -- Violinist / prof (Moscow Conservatory).
- Billy Martin named American League Manager of the Year (Texas Rangers).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
- Carole King - Jazzman
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - Steppin' Out (Gonna Boogie Tonight)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Mac Davis - Stop And Smell The Roses
- The Osmonds - Love Me For A Reason
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?