Sunday 24 October 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Jack & Diane by John Cougar.
In UK Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth was in the top 5 hits.
Halloween III: Season of the Witch, directed by Tommy Lee Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1982!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1982 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Mohamed Fairuz Fauzy: Malaysian racing driver.
- Fairuz Fauzy: Malaysian race car driver.
- Macay McBride: American baseball player.
- James Philbrook: Actor (Islanders, Investigators), dies at 58.
- 13th NYC Marathon won by Alberto Salazar in 2:09:29
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- Joe Cocker - Up Where We Belong
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Flock Of Seagulls, A - I Ran (So Far Away)
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?