Thursday 24 October 2002
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK The Long And Winding Road / Suspicious Minds by Will Young & Gareth Gates was in the top 5 hits.
Anand, directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Violets Are Blue by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 2002!
Which were the important events of 24 October 2002 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 October
- Police arrest spree killers John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo, ending the Beltway sniper attacks in the area around Washington, DC.
- Moscow theatre siege: The Chechen rebels holding hundreds of hostages in a Moscow theater shot and killed one captive and said they were ready to die for their cause, warning that thousands more of their comrades were ampquotkeen on dying.ampquot
- Recent celebrity deaths: Adolph Green, prolific playwright and lyricist, dies at 87. With songwriter Betty Comden, he wrote the hit Broadway musicals ''On the Town'', ''Wonderful Town'' and ''Bells Are Ringing'' and screenplays for ''Singin' in the Rain'' and ''The Band Wagon''.
- Recent celebrity deaths: Harry Hay, gay rights activist. He founded the Mattachine Society, the first gay rights group in the US. He also helped found the Rainbow Coalition and the Radical Faeries.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?