Wednesday 24 September 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Whoopee!, directed by Thornton Freeland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1930 ?
- Lucien Bérardini: French mountain climber, an alpinist.
- John Young: American astronaut and co-pilot on Gemini 3 in 1965 and Commander of the Mission Gemini 10 in 1966.
- Józef Krupiński: Polish poet and author (d. 1998).
- Angelo Muscat: Maltese-English actor (d. 1977).
- Benjamin Romualdez: Filipino politician and diplomat (d. 2012).
- Jozef Krupinski: Polish poet (d. 1998)
- John W Young: American astronaut
- John W Young in San Francisco: California, USA; astronaut (Gemini 3 10, Apollo 10 16, STS 1 9).
- John Watts Young: San Francisco, California -- Astronaut (Gem 3 10, Apol 10 16, STS 1 9)
- William A MacCorkle: Governor of West Virginia (Born 1857).
- Portsmouth beats Brooklyn in first NFL game played under floodlights.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 September 1930 and get them!