Sunday 24 September 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1944 ?
- Jean-Paul Fargier: French director, television producer, novelist, journalist, art/film critic and film professor who lives and works in Paris.
- Diana Korner: German actress.
- Eavan Boland: Irish poet with over 30 publications to her credit.
- Diana Körner: German actress.
- Sven-Ole Thorsen: Danish bodybuilder actor and stuntman.
- Bernard Haillant: French singer-songwriter and composer.
- WWII: The U.S. Army 45th Infantry Division takes the strongly defended city of Epinal before crossing the Moselle River and entering the western foothills of the Vosges.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?