Friday 24 September 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1948 ?
- Edna Alsterlund: Swedish journalist and author.
- Gordon Clapp: North Conway, New Hampshire -- Actor (Greg Medavoy-NYPD Blue).
- Garth Porter: New Zealand-Australian singer-songwriter and producer (Sherbet).
- Bob Mulligan: American pro astrologer who began his study on 11/22/1973 and did his first professional chart on 6/22/1974.
- Bernadette Hingley: British priest.
- Phil Hartman: Canadian-American actor with a comedy background as a regular on a TV variety show in 1985 which was followed by "Saturday Night Live" in 1986. He also has done commercials on TV for such companies as McDonald's fast food. A comic most noted for creating characters, he hit the big time with the hit TV series Talk Radio, 1996, playing the obnoxious, full-of-himself radio announcer Bill McNeal.
- Ron Hale: American musician. An insurance broker, he also played guitar as a duo with singer Jose Gomez doing club gigs.
- Alexis De Veaux: American writer and illustrator. She chaired the Department of Women's Studies, at the State University of New York at Buffalo. Her surname also appears as DeVeaux.
- Warren William: Actor (Fear, Wolf Man, Madame X), dies at 53.
- Yanks, Boston and Cleveland are tied for 1st place in AL (91-56)
- Mildred Gillars (Axis Sally) pleads innocent in Washington DC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?