Sunday 24 September 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1950 ?
- Mohinder Amarnath: Indian cricketer coach and sportscaster.
- Alan Colmes: American comedian and talk show host.
- John Kessel: American author poet and playwright.
- Harriet Walter: English actress.
- Kristina Wayborn: Swedish model and actress Miss Sweden 1970.
- Elaine Defico: American homicide victim. She was a go-go-dancer who attracted violent men; shot in head by her lover, the father of her second child, who then committed suicide 7/03/1981, 6:30 PM EDT, 75 W.02, 39 N.56.
- Princess Victoria: of Hesse and by Rhine (Born 1863).
- Operation Magic Carpet - 45,000 Jews from Yemen move to Israel.
- Forest fires black out the sun over portions of Canada and New England. A blue moon (in the astronomical sense) is seen as far away as Europe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
- Don Cherry - Thinking of You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?